2/11/2023 - 2/11/2023
Number of Nights: 4
Number of People: 2
- Your tour will start with an early morning flight to Prague.
- Your flight with Aer Lingus departs Dublin at 07:25 and arrives in Prague 11.00 (flight times subject to change).
- On arrival in Prague, meet your local guide and transfer to the Boutique Jalta Hotel where you booked for four- nights on a bed and breakfast basis.
- On arrival, bags can be left with the hotel reception. After some time to take lunch (at own expense), meet your local guide for a walking orientation tour of the Old Town.
- This short (approx. 1.5 hour) walking tour will take you from your hotel through the Old Town.
- Listen as you guide introduces you to the fascinating history of Prague as you wander through the Old Town district.
- The remainder of the day and evening is at your leisure.
- Our Prague City tour is a superb introduction to the city of Prague, a city known for its rich opulent beauty and epic history.
- Meet your local guide in hotel lobby and set off to learn about the history of Prague.
- The coach tour will introduce you to the major historical areas of Prague with Wenceslas Square at its heart, where the State Opera and National Museum look down on.
- Next, you will drive up to Prague Castle to discover the major sights within.
- Please do be aware that this is a very popular time for visit to Prague and there can be a queue into the castle district, this does however usually move quickly.
- Our guide will guide bring to life the magnificent buildings in the Castle district and explaining their turbulent history, and royal connections.
- Admire the grandeur of Saint Vitus Cathedral and the ancient architecture of the Old Royal Palace. From Prague Castle, your guide will walk you down to the Vltava River, beginning with a flight of steps (the steps are lengthy, but wide and deep, and so fairly easy to walk down).
- The walk will take you across the city's most well-known historic attraction, the stunning Charles Bridge, which offers wonderful panoramic views of the city.
- The afternoon is free for you to relax or further explore Prague. Why not visit the National Museum located at the top of Wencelsas Square, the largest museum in the Czech Republic or simply take a seat at one of Prague’s many cafes and watch the world go by.
- The evening begins with an early three-course pre-opera dinner in your hotel restaurant.
- After dinner, walk with your local guide to the Prague State Opera for the evening performance of Sleeping Beauty.
- Start time 19:00. At the end of the evening, walk back to the hotel.
- Performance details: Sleeping Beauty in the Prague State Opera.
- A ballet by Márcia Haydée, based on Charles Perrault’s fairy tale.
- Start time: 19:00
- Running time: 2 hours 50 minutes
- Today, you have the morning and afternoon free in Prague for independent sightseeing.
- Your evening will begin with a three-course pre-concert dinner in your hotel restaurant.
- After dinner, walk with your local guide to the Estates Theatre for the evening performance of Don Giovanni.
- Performance details: Don Giovanni in the Estates Theatre
- Start time: 19:00
- Running time: 3 hours
- Today relax as you depart on a half-day excursion to Kutna Hora, a medieval town located to the east of Prague and now designated a world heritage site, protected by UNESCO.
- During the Middle Ages the discovery of huge deposits of silver transformed Kutná Hora into the most important city in the Kingdom of Bohemia after Prague. The wealth and prosperity that flowed from the mines led to a rich architectural development of Gothic, Renaissance and Baroque buildings. And it is through visiting the most important buildings on the tour that we learn of the history of the town. Beautiful churches such as St. Barbara's Cathedral and elegant palaces like the Italian Court were constructed, where the Royal Mint was sited and produced coins for the whole kingdom. And to house the newly wealthy citizens, impressive burgher houses were built throughout the 15th century.
- Transfer to Prague airport for return flight. Flight departs Prague at 11:40 and arrives Dublin 13:20
- Return flights, taxes and transfers
- Four-nights in the Boutique Jalta Adria Hotel with breakfast
- Orientation walking tour of Old Town Prague on arrival day
- Guided coach and walking tour of Prague with visit to Prague Castle
- Half-day excursion to Kutna Hora
- Two evening meals in hotel
- Category one ticket to Sleeping Beauty (ballet) in the Prague State Opera
- Category one ticket to Don Giovanni (opera) in the Estates Theatre
- Free time for independent sightseeing
- Private coach and guide assistance for all transfers and excursions
FOR INFORMATION OR TO BOOK, PLEASE CALL (01) 888 7840 Or email email@example.com https://www.instituteforculturetravel.ie/opera-ballet-in-presidential-prague