Blue Danube River Cruises: Exclusive Departures for SOLO TRAVELLER – No Single Supplements – 8 days from only €2,009
Soak up all that Europe’s most cultured river has to offer, with its wealth of grand baroque architecture, medieval cities, picture perfect towns and the sights that inspired Strauss and Mozart. Stepping aboard you will appreciate the superb surroundings of your floating luxury hotel for the next seven nights with spacious and well-appointed cabins or suites, private bathrooms and meticulously prepared fine cuisine.
Exclusive departures for solo travellers | No single supplements
2020 dates available
Book before 31 Jan 2020 and save €100 🙂
Dept 17th Apr 2020 fm €2009
Dept 16th Oct 2020 fm €2269
- 7 nights on board a 5-star ship
- Lower deck or Middle deck fm €2399
- Return flights & transfers
- 7 visits & tours
- Full board
- Complimentary on-board tea & coffee
- Complimentary on-board Wi-Fi (speeds may vary)
- Expert cruise director
- All port charges & airport taxes
- Checked Luggage
- Seven visits and tours including guided tours in Vienna, Salzburg or Linz, Budapest and Bratislava; and visits to Esztergom, Dürnstein and Melk Abbey
- Seven nights on board in your choice of luxury cabin or suite, with river views
- All meals on board from dinner on your day of arrival through to breakfast on your day of departure (except one lunch), including a welcome dinner and the Captain’s Dinner
- Complimentary on-board tea and coffee
- Complimentary on-board Wi-Fi (connection speeds may vary)
- Return scheduled flights
- Five-star service from an English-speaking crew and knowledgeable local guides
- Services of an experienced cruise director and concierge
- All port charges, airport taxes and overseas transfers
- No surcharges guaranteed
Overview of Itinerary
From Budapest, you slip our moorings and head on your journey north to Esztergom spending the morning exploring its historic centre, which once was Hungary’s capital, before continuing westwards to the beautiful old town of Bratislava, the capital of Slovakia. Navigating through Lower Austria you then reach the romantic town of Dürnstein, where Richard the Lionheart was imprisoned, having been shipwrecked on his return from the crusades. After you visit the remarkable monastery in Melk, with its 200m long Emperor’s Gallery, lined with portraits of Austrian emperors.
Soon you arrive in Linz where you take the short drive to Salzburg. During the guided tour of the old town you will see the imposing fortress Hohensalzburg towering over the city and of course the birthplace and residence of Mozart, Salzburg’s most famous citizen. On your way back eastwards you will reach classical Vienna, home of Strauss and many great composers. This city offers up so much wonderful architecture as well as a host of other things to see including the Spanish riding school.
Finally, cruising into Hungary, you arrive back in imperial Budapest, straddling the picturesque Danube. After a guided tour of this palatial city you spend the evening on board, where the Captain hosts another spectacular dinner, an excellent finale to this most exceptional and relaxing cruise.
This is a wonderful way to relax, explore famous sites, experience different cultures and enjoy succulent fine dining- all with like minded people.
Call our award winning team for more information and to book, we will only be too delighted to chat with you about this wonderful river cruise holiday with no extras for the SOLO Traveller.
Ph 090 649 2028