Headquartered in the heart of historic Dublin, my client is one of Ireland’s longest established and best known Incoming Tours operators. The company was founded in 1978.
With over 170 permanent staff and with overseas representatives in ten key markets, the company is recognised as the market leader within the Irish Tourism sector.
The Group has four divisions specialising in specific types of inbound tourism
- Group Tours
- Individual & Online Travel
- Incentive & Luxury Leisure Travel
- Association Conferences & Events
ROLE: Contracting Executive, Contracting Department, Dublin.
The Contracting Executive will support the company in achieving its targets by ensuring that the Group have the best rates and availability (allocation/freesale) through establishing and maintaining strong relationships with suppliers. The available role sits in a team of four contractors including the contracting manager and the contracting director.
- Negotiate the best terms with suppliers (hotels, guides, transport, attractions and other as required) for the company
- Negotiations will include contract renewals with existing suppliers and negotiating new supplier contracts
- Generate and interpret reports to aid in negotiations
- Communicate with suppliers via phone, email and in person where required
- Maintain contracting records via Microsoft word and excel
- Communicate contract related information with internal stakeholders (IS/Product)
Support Contracting function:
- Assist with administration related to the area of contracting including sending / return of contracts/ maintaining supplier records
- Support internal stakeholders to manage relationships with suppliers
- Assistance with the co-ordination of supplier presentations & visits to Group offices
- Attendance at trade events / workshops as required (familiarisation & networking events)
- Attend and contribute to weekly team meetings
- Other duties as assigned from time to time by your Director
- You will report to the Contracting Director
- 3rd level qualification or relevant experience
- Fluency in English (oral & written)
- Good knowledge of the Irish tourism industry products/ prior experience in a contracting role preferable.
- Excellent organizational skills with good attention to detail & effective time management skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with ability to build strong relationships with internal & external stakeholders.
- A team player with the ability to work autonomously in a busy environment to meet deadlines
- Strong computer competencies with proficiency in MS Office
REPORTING TO: Director of Contracting, Contracting Department
SALARY: Negotiable depending on experience
Full time permanent position, 5 days per week
Apply with CV (MS Word format) to:
APB.ie/ Travel Recruitment