Irish Tourism Executive with Fluent French
My client is an internationally recognised B2B specialist for group travel, flexible independent travel, incentive travel, conferences and events.
Headquartered in Dublin with offices in Edinburgh and London, the Group employs 160 permanent staff and has overseas representatives in ten key markets.
The Group has four divisions specialising in specific types of inbound tourism:
- Group Travel
- Individual & Online Travel
- Incentive & Luxury Leisure Travel
- Association Conferences & Events
TITLE OF VACANCY:
Business Development Executive, French Speaking Groups Department
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with both existing and potential new clients in the French Speaking Groups Market.
- Active hands on role in the Business Development function for Ireland and UK for the French Speaking Groups Department. This will involve the preparation and costing of proposed client group and series programmes and dealing with the client to ensure their subsequent conversion to confirmed business.
- Full utilisation of the Tourplan system to generate all client quotations and subsequent follow up, also ensuring that the confirmed proposal is accurately reflected in Tourplan.
- Any agreed sales and marketing activities, either in Ireland/UK or in the overseas market place. This could take the form of either desk-based activities or direct agent/client interaction.
- Assistance with the supervision of any trainees assigned to the area.
- The position may also extend to cover support in any of the other Company departments as the need arises.
- Any other duties as assigned from time to time by your Manager or Director (and this could be in another Department within Ireland and UK).
- You will report to the Business Development Manager-French Speaking Groups Department.
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS:
- 3rd level or relevant experience
- Very good knowledge of MS Office
- Fluency in French required (oral & written)
- Good knowledge of the Irish and UK tourism industry products a distinct advantage
- Excellent organisational skills with good attention to detail
- Excellent customer care and communication skills
- Team player able to work in a busy environment
REPORTING TO: Business Development Manager- French Speaking Groups Dept.
SALARY: Negotiable depending on experience
LOCATION: Dublin City
Full time permanent position.
Apply with CV (MS Word format) to:
APB.ie/ Travel Recruitment