GoHop Retail Manager
Founded in 1998, GoHop is one of Ireland’s leading travel agencies and part of the Atlas Travel Group, one of the largest travel brands in Ireland with an annual turnover in excess of €55m. GoHop is a multi-award winning company and has been voted ‘Best Online Travel Agent’ by the Irish media for the last 4 years running (2018, 2017, 2016 & 2015).
A uniquely positioned Irish OTA, GoHop’s primary online sales channel is backed up by a locally staffed call centre and a face-to-face consultation service at our Dublin city centre offices in 38 Pearse Street, just 250 yards from Pearse Street train station.
Our mission is simple, to create memorable travel experiences for our customers. We believe that strong relationships are our greatest asset and by leveraging new technologies we are constantly uncovering opportunities for both our consumers and business alike.
This role offers a great opportunity for a results focussed individual to further their career as Retail Manager in one of Ireland’s leading travel brands & part of the Atlas Travel Group.
Skills & Experience
- Minimum of 10 years’ retail travel experience & at least 5 years at management level with a qualified knowledge of the Irish travel industry environment.
- Positive attitude, good personality with excellent telephone & face to face customer skills in line with that of a first-class Retail Manager.
- Good time management, attention to detail & the ability to motivates a sales team in a fast-paced retail sales environment whilst prioritizing & meeting agreed deadlines.
- Ability to resolve customer service challenges effectively & ensure write offs are kept to a minimum.
- GDS experience (We use Sabre & will provide training as required).
- Exceptional personal & professional credibility.
- Ability to learn on the job & have an interest in learning the workings of the GoHop.ie website.
- Guide & motivate the sales team to ensure targets are well communicated & met.
- Develop the skillsets of the retail team to ensure they meet company best practice.
- Report to management in relation to overall staff performance & development.
- Manage the staff roster & contribute to the overall sales team effort when required whilst ensuring the sales team to reach sales targets as set out.
- Main point of contact for suppliers, 3rd party contracts & new supplier integration.
- Liaise with the Marketing Team on Website content, offers, special events, trade shows etc.
- Responsible for highlighting & assisting with resolving Website issues.
- Support the sales team with day to day operations.
- Ensure adherence to Expense Budgets & Sales Targets in order to maximize profitability.
- Ensure compliance with Industry Regulations.
Our fantastic benefits include:
- Salary €40 – €45k per annum dependent on experience
- Attractive Bonus Scheme
- Staff Travel Perks
- Supplier Hosted Events
- Ongoing Product & Personal Performance Training
- Annual Leave