FIT Marketing Executive
My client, a leading incoming tour operator based in Dublin City are seeking to hire a Marketing Executive, FIT & Online Department (German speaking markets) – Dublin based
CORE DUTIES INCLUDE:
- A proactive approach to developing business for Ireland from existing and potential clients. Developing a clear understanding of the client’s needs and deadlines, offering existing and new programmes to fulfil those needs and ensuring that the client has all the necessary material and information to present this information to their clients whether in brochure or online format.
- All aspects involved in the Company’s individual travel programme development and the handling of their associated product requirements including booking hotel and other tourism product supplies.
- Dealing with overseas Tour Operator partners on bookings and also where appropriate and necessary their clients when on holiday in Ireland
- Development of client itineraries and their associated costing. The ability to create and write exciting itineraries is a core requisite in the role.
- Preparing client documentation packs, distributing them to the agreed pick-up point and ensuring the smooth operation of the FIT booking prior to and during their stay in Ireland.
- Responsibility for operating the departments 24 hr after-hours assistance phone number on a rotational basis, shared with other department colleagues
- General office duties including booking confirmations, filing, processing reservations including the preparation of client vouchers and invoices through the Company’s reservations system (Tourplan)
- Supervision of any trainees assigned to the area.
- Any other duties as assigned from time to time by your Manager or Director (and this could be in another Department within the group).
- Fluency in English & German languages essential (verbal & written)
- Sales / Business Development / Client facing experience
- Excellent administration skills, customer care and communication skills
- Must be able to cope with strict work deadlines and be able to respond effectively to any new tasks
- Relevant experience in tourism preferable with good knowledge of the Irish tourist product
- Team player able to work in a busy environment
- Very good knowledge of MS Office – Outlook, Word, Excel & PowerPoint
- Familiarity with tour operating software an advantage
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS
- 3rd level or relevant experience
REPORTING TO: Operations Manager, FIT & On-line Travel Department – Dublin
AVAILABILITY: beginning of October
Full time position, 5 days per week
Salary subject to experience but guideline will be €25-30k
Apply with CV (MS Word format) to:
APB.ie/ Travel Recruitment
Vacancy No: 7131/DF
Job Title: FIT Tourism Executive.
Location: Dublin City.