Treasures of the Incas with Luxury Gold
Treasures of the Incas with Luxury Gold!
Delve into the mysterious world of the Inca empire on this luxurious exploration of Peru. Every detail is seamlessly taken care of, as you journey from the pulsating capital of Lima to the mist-cloaked mountains of Machu Picchu and on to the halcyon waters of South America’s largest lake. Along the way, savour flavourful local cuisine and discover the Lost City of the Incas alongside a Local Expert.
Date: 10 August 2018
Duration: 12 Days
- Lima: Meet painter, sculptor and local legend, Víctor Delfín, best known for his monumental El Beso sculpture in Parque del Amore, Miraflores. Explore his oceanview workshop in the arts district and chat with Victor as he shares stories about his life.
- Cusco: Meet Nilda Callañaupa Alvarez, an expert in traditional weaving, to learn how the TreadRight Foundation is helping protect this ancient skill.
- Aguas Calientes: With a Local Expert, explore the cloud forest, visit a working tea plantation and an orchid farm.
- Cusco: With a Local Expert, practice your bartering skills at a local market. Enjoy a fun challenge of purchasing items from the market (with money and a list supplied by your Travelling Concierge) for the best prices possible. All purchases are later donated to local needy families.
- Lake Titicaca: Cruise the lake and learn about the lifestyle and customs of the local people, who bundle reeds from the lake to build floating platforms, houses and canoes.
- Lima: Experience the beautiful ‘City of Kings’ through the eyes of a Local Expert.
- Puno: Explore Sillustani to view the stone burial towers ‘chullpas’ that have dotted the shores since pre-Inca times.
- Sacred Valley: Learn of the importance of ancient rituals to the people of the Sacred Valley as a local shaman performs a centuries-old ritual just for you that expresses reverence to the Earth.
- Included Quality Dining: 11 Breakfasts (BB), 9 Lunches (L) and 9 Dinners (DW).
- Lima: Over a hot chocolate or authentic café pasado, learn the secrets and discover the unique flavour of Peruvian coffee with an expert barista.
- Macchu Picchu: Learn how to blend the perfect pisco sour.
- Sacred Valley: Delight in a Pachamanca Feast prepared in an underground oven and served in an exquisite garden.
Terms and Conditions
- Price shown is per person for twin share. Single supplements apply.
- Flights are excluded.
- This offer is subject to availability and can be withdrawn or amended at any time without notice.