Experience the Grandeur of Russia with Insight Vacations
Experience the grandeur of Russia, exploring the baroque architecture of St Petersburg and the palaces of Moscow. Marvel at the famous art collection of the Hermitage Museum and travel by hydrofoil and high-speed train in perfect style.
Date: 29 April 2018
Duration: 8 Days
Price was: €2,050pps
Price NOW: €1,799pps
- St. Petersburg: On arrival, enjoy a delectable Welcome Dinner to meet your Travel Director and travel companions in advance of the following morning’s excursions. Morning sightseeing with your Local Expert includes views of St. Isaac’s Cathedral, the fortress of St. Peter and Paul and Decembrists’ Square. Travel along Nevsky Prospekt for views of the great Cathedral of Kazan and the iconic, onion-domed Church of Our Savior on Spilled Blood. Perhaps join an Optional Experience to the small town of Tsarskoe Selo, now called Pushkin, and visit the beautiful Catherine Palace?
- Petrodvorets by Hydrofoil: Cruise by hydrofoil along the Baltic shore to Peter the Great’s summer residence of Petrodvorets. For over 200 years it was used for official ceremonies, lavish feasts and formal receptions. Alight to explore the perfectly-manicured gardens and see the cascading fountains.
- The Hermitage Museum: Located in the Winter Palace, the Hermitage is one of the world’s greatest museums. Marvel at this fabulous collection of paintings and ornaments, ranging from Egyptian carvings to Impressionist masterpieces.
- High-Speed Sapsan Train to Moscow: Board your high speed Sapsan train and relax in modern luxury and comfort as you swoop to Moscow in just a few hours. On arrival in this fascinating city, you are transferred to your hotel for a leisurely three-night stay.
- Moscow, A Russian Revelation: Begin your exploration of the Russian capital with a Local Expert. Start in Red Square, lined by Moscow’s landmark buildings. At one end rises the onion-shaped domes of St. Basil’s Cathedral, in front of the Kremlin stands Lenin’s Mausoleum, while on the opposite side, the grand GUM department store offers a variety of glamorous goods. During your stay, you will visit one of the Metro stations which Stalin called ‘Palaces for the People.’ Gain a local insight into the themes depicted among the marble, mosaics, sculptures and chandeliers. In your free time, why not witness the crown jewels and Fabergé Egg collection of the Imperial Russian Family?
- Moscow and the Kremlin: Relax or explore the Russian capital as you wish – perhaps visit the Borodino Panorama Exhibition or take an Optional Experience to the renowned centre of ancient Russian art and architecture, Zagorsk? In the afternoon, walk within the walls of the Kremlin Fortress to visit one of the cathedrals. Later, enjoy delicious food, great wine and wonderful company as you toast to your travels during your Celebration Dinner.
Epicurean Dinning: 7 Breakfast Buffets and 2 Dinners with wine.
An Expert Insight Tour Director, at the pinnacle of their career, will guide you on your journey. Serving as your travelling concierge, this skilled guide will act as a consummate organiser and be your ‘friend in a foreign land’.
Enjoy the unique comfort of Insight’s luxury air-conditioned 40 seater coach with extended leg room and onboard restroom. It’s business class comfort.
A personal radio headset gives you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert’s fascinating insights and commentary
Baggage handling everywhere, with seamless and prompt delivery to your door at every hotel.
Hotel and restaurant tips included – you’ll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency. Plus we include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels.
Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi.
Insight flourishes – from time to time, your Tour Director will enchant you with local tidbits, each representing authentic food or beverages unique to the destination.
Included airport transfers at scheduled times on arrival and departures dates.
Terms & Conditions:
Prices are per person for twin share. Single supplement may apply.
Flights are excluded.
This offer is subject to availability and may be withdrawn or amended without notice.
Book by: 31 March 2018