Classic Mid-Atlantic with Insight Vacations
Classic Mid-Atlantic with Insight Vacations
Between the big ticket items of New York, Washington, DC and Niagara Falls, this fascinating journey runs the gamut of American history and surprises with an eclectic mix of visits.
Date: 07 July 2018
Duration: 10 Days
Price was: €3,175pps
Price NOW: €3,019pps
- Washington DC: On arrival at the airport, your transfer will take you to your luxurious hotel, proclaimed by President Truman to be Washington, DC’s ‘Second Best Address’, after The White House. Join your Tour Director for a Welcome Dinner with drinks. In the morning, immerse yourself in a sightseeing tour of the proud heritage of a nation. View The White House, the striking Washington Monument, and sprawling National Mall. Reflect on the country’s most turbulent days at the Lincoln Memorial and the somber World War II Memorial.
- Gettysburg and Pittsburgh: Cannons blazing, trumpets sounding – your Local Expert will reveal it all at the site of one of the Civil War’s most pivotal battles. Just four months after the historic struggle, the battlefield was the backdrop for Abraham Lincoln’s call for ‘a new birth of freedom’ in his famed Gettysburg Address. Move on to Pittsburgh, the ‘City of Bridges’ and enjoy a Highlight Dinner at award-winning LeMont.
- American Folklore in Punxsutawney: Travel to the rural town of Punxsutawney to learn first-hand about an important part of American folklore. The town is most famous for its resident groundhog, Phil. Every year he emerges from his burrow and predicts whether the US will have more months of winter or an early spring, based on whether or not he sees his shadow. Meet with a member of the ‘Inner Circle’, a small group of local dignitaries and business leaders who act as Phil’s caregivers throughout the year. Cross the Canadian border to arrive into Niagara Falls, where your hotel overlooks the majestic Horseshoe Falls in all its glory.
- Niagra Up-Close: View thundering Niagara Falls during a cruise to the base of the cascades. Browse the shops and galleries of Niagara-on-the-Lake. The region’s climate is ideal for winemaking, embark upon a night of culinary delights, with a Highlight Dinner at a family-owned winery. Taste their award-winning wines, including ice wine – a regional speciality, made from grapes that have been frozen while still on the vine. Sample some of Niagara’s local cuisine created with seasonal ingredients.
- Lancaster: At the ultra-modern Corning Museum of Glass, learn about the art, history, culture, technology, science, craft, and design that tells the riveting story of the museum’s single material, glass. Sandblast your own keepsake before watching master artisans at work as they form the raw material into delicate shapes and figures.
- The Amish Country and Philadelphia: After your deluxe Continental Breakfast, roll back in time to explore the rural back roads of Pennsylvania’s Lancaster County with a Local Expert. Learn about the traditional agricultural lifestyle of the Amish and the Mennonites, who live much the same as they did when they first settled here over 200 years ago. Then it’s on to Philadelphia where in the evening, your Tour Director will offer you a selection of local restaurants for your Dine-Around Evening.
- A Bite of The Big Apple: Walk in the footsteps of Benjamin Franklin in the ‘City of Brotherly Love’, Philadelphia. Amid ‘America’s most historic square mile’; view Independence Hall, visit the Liberty Bell, and spend some time on your own exploring Independence National Historic Park. Then it’s on to New York City. In the afternoon, enjoy a harbour cruise for glittering views of Manhattan’s skyline, Ellis Island, and the towering Statue of Liberty.
- Explore NYC: Take a bite of the Big Apple on a tour of the city’s highlights with a Local Expert. See the towering Empire State Building, the mirrored peak of the iconic Chrysler Building and expansive Central Park, designed by renowned landscape architect Frederick Law Olmsted. Ascend to the Top of the Rock – the 70th floor of the Rockefeller Building – for a sweeping view of the skyscrapers, parks, rivers and urban canyons that make up the teeming isle of Manhattan. At night, join your Tour Director for a lively Celebration Dinner at a local restaurant and toast to new friends and fantastic memories.
Epicurean Dinning: 9 Breakfasts and 4 Dinners with wine.
An Expert Insight Tour Director, at the pinnacle of their career, will guide you on your journey. Serving as your travelling concierge, this skilled guide will act as a consummate organiser and be your ‘friend in a foreign land’.
Enjoy the unique comfort of Insight’s luxury air-conditioned 40 seater coach with extended leg room and onboard restroom. It’s business class comfort.
A personal radio headset gives you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert’s fascinating insights and commentary
Baggage handling everywhere, with seamless and prompt delivery to your door at every hotel.
Hotel and restaurant tips included – you’ll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency. Plus we include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels.
Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi.
Insight flourishes – from time to time, your Tour Director will enchant you with local tidbits, each representing authentic food or beverages unique to the destination.
Included airport transfers at scheduled times on arrival and departures dates.
Terms & Conditions:
Prices are per person for twin share. Single supplement may apply.
Flights are excluded.
This offer is subject to availability and may be withdrawn or amended without notice.
Book by: 27 April 2018