Best of California with Insight Vacations
The lively and glamorous cities of San Francisco and Los Angeles contrast with the serene beauty of the California coast and natural grandeur of Yosemite National Park. Easily manageable distances between hotels allow for feature-packed touring days. The tour starts and ends with two-night stays in San Francisco and Los Angeles, enabling in-depth sightseeing in two of the world’s most exciting cities.
Date: 01 June 2018
Duration: 9 Days
Price was: €3,175pps
Price NOW: €3,019pps
- San Francisco, The City by the Bay: On arrival to your centrally located hotel, meet your Travel Director for a Welcome Dinner and the opportunity mingle with your fellow guests over a pleasant dinner with wine. The following morning, join your Travel Director again to take in the sights of the city, and immerse in the bustling activity of Union Square and the beautiful Golden Gate Park, followed by free time for the rest of the day.
- Haight-Ashbury and a Taste of Wine Country: Spend the morning with a former hippie and Local Expert during a Haight-Ashbury walking tour for a flashback to the Flower Power era. Later, enter California wine country, walk through vineyards and enjoy a private tasting. In the evening, you are treated to a Highlight Dinner with wine, overlooking the Sonoma Plaza.
- Yosemite National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage Site: Travel through California’s Gold Country and into the Sierra Nevada Mountains, to Yosemite National Park. Explore the valley floor with its spectacular waterfalls, abundant wildlife and the imposing rock formations of El Capitan and Half Dome. Your hotel is located inside the park and close to North America’s highest waterfall.
- Monterey, The Cradle of History: Drive down the Sierras and through the fertile San Joaquin Valley. As you arrive in Carmel-by-the-Sea, browse the art galleries and shops on Ocean Avenue, before a relaxing drive across the Monterey Peninsula and along scenic 17-Mile Drive. Pass the famous Pebble Beach Golf Links and multi-million-dollar mansions before arriving in charming Monterey. For your dining pleasure, you have a spectacular selection of local restaurants to choose from during for your Dine-Around Evening with wine.
- Hearst Castle and the American Riviera: Head south to La Cuesta Encantada ‘The Enchanted Hill’, high above the ocean at San Simeon, for a guided tour of Hearst Castle, the grandiose estate of publishing magnate William Randolph Hearst. Continue south to the resort town of Santa Barbara, often billed as the ‘American Riviera’, to check in to your beachfront hotel.
- Santa Monica and the City of Angels: Visit the beautiful Mission Santa Barbara and learn about the chain of 21 missions along California’s El Camino Real. Then, journey along spectacular Santa Monica Bay, passing through glamorous Malibu on your way to Santa Monica. Take a Local Expert led tour of the famous Santa Monica Pier. Continue on to your luxurious hotel at LA LIVE, the city’s one-of-a-kind entertainment destination.
- The Glitz and Glam of L.A.: In the morning, experience the glitz and glam of Hollywood with a Local Specialist on a private tour of a historic theatre in downtown Los Angeles. Then join your Tour Director with a sightseeing tour including Grauman’s Chinese Theatre, the Hollywood sign and a stroll along the Hollywood Walk of Fame. Spend the afternoon on your own exploring the historic LA Farmers Market. In the evening, enjoy a Celebration Dinner with wine, toasting your trip with newfound friends.
Epicurean Dinning: 8 Full Breakfasts Buffets and 4 Dinners with wine.
An Expert Insight Tour Director, at the pinnacle of their career, will guide you on your journey. Serving as your travelling concierge, this skilled guide will act as a consummate organiser and be your ‘friend in a foreign land’.
Enjoy the unique comfort of Insight’s luxury air-conditioned 40 seater coach with extended leg room and onboard restroom. It’s business class comfort.
A personal radio headset gives you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert’s fascinating insights and commentary
Baggage handling everywhere, with seamless and prompt delivery to your door at every hotel.
Hotel and restaurant tips included – you’ll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency. Plus we include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels.
Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi.
Insight flourishes – from time to time, your Tour Director will enchant you with local tidbits, each representing authentic food or beverages unique to the destination.
Included airport transfers at scheduled times on arrival and departures dates.
Terms & Conditions:
Prices are per person for twin share. Single supplement may apply.
Flights are excluded.
This offer is subject to availability and may be withdrawn or amended without notice.
Book by: 30 March 2018