New England’s Fall Foliage
New England’s Fall Foliage with Insight Vacations
Embark on this quintessential autumn holiday in a truly picturesque corner of North America, brimming with Americana and alive with the spectacular colours of an Indian Summer.
Date: 15 September 2018
Duration: 8 Days
Price Was: €2850pps
Price from: €2639pps
- Boston: Welcome to Boston, affectionately known as ‘Beantown’. On arrival at Boston Logan International Airport, a transfer will take you to your hotel. Perhaps take a stroll to Downtown Crossing or historic Faneuil Hall and Quincy Market. At 18:00, join your Tour Director for a Welcome Dinner with wine and an opportunity to mingle with fellow guests.
- Beantown to Williamstown: Discover some of Boston’s most famous sights as your Tour Director takes you along a section of the Freedom Trail. Then, enjoy the colourful scenery as you travel west to Stockbridge for a visit to the Norman Rockwell Museum, the largest and most significant collection of original Rockwell art. Travel through the stunning rolling hills of the Berkshires to your hotel in the beautiful college town of Williamstown.
- The Legends of the Fall and Stowe: Leave Massachusetts to journey through the legendary fall foliage of Vermont. Visit The Apple Barn Country Bake Shop and taste fresh cider in the making. Visit the Rockefellers’ renowned Billings Farm and Museum, a working dairy and farm life museum, before a stop in the quintessential Vermont village of Woodstock with its picturesque covered bridge. Arrive in Stowe, Vermont, the breathtaking alpine setting that attracted the real Von Trapp family of ‘The Sound of Music’ fame when they travelled from Austria in the late 1940s. At tonight’s Highlight Dinner, each of the three inspired courses are perfectly paired with a lager tasting from your resort’s on-site microbrewery.
- A Taste of Vermont: Today, enjoy beautiful scenery ablaze with fall colours. Sample flavours of a different kind on a guided tour of Ben and Jerry’s Ice Cream Factory. Return to the charming town of Stowe where the rest of the day is yours to wander the quaint streets, hike in the woods, or enjoy your lodge’s amenities.
- North Conway and the White Mountains: Near Montpelier, visit Morse Farm Maple Sugarworks and taste a Vermont tradition: ‘sugar on snow’ – maple syrup served with a doughnut and pickle. Then head for New Hampshire’s White Mountains and enter Franconia Notch. Get your cameras ready for a ride on the aerial tramway offering superb panoramic views. Later, journey through the dazzling crimson and orange hues of the famed Kancamagus Scenic Byway to North Conway. Enjoy an insightful presentation by a naturalist on the North Woods’ wildlife and ecology. Then, more spectacular fall foliage awaits as you journey through Crawford Notch. Stop for pictures at the Silver Cascade Waterfall and Bretton Woods, offering stunning views of Mount Washington, the tallest peak in the northeast at 6,288 feet (1,917 metres). Return to your hotel where the evening is at leisure.
- The Rugged Coast to Portland: Leaving New Hampshire’s glorious fall foliage, enter the deep green pine forests of western Maine. In charming Kennebunkport, travel along Ocean Drive with stunning views of the Maine coastline and the homes of Kennebunkport’s rich and famous, including the summer retreat of former President George H.W. Bush. There will be time to browse the many galleries and shops, or walk along the waterfront before continuing to historic Portland. In the evening, enjoy a Celebration Dinner with your fellow travellers.The next day, it’s back to Boston where you’ll wave goodbye to your new friends and the trip of a lifetime.
- Epicurean Dining: 7 Full Breakfasts, and 5 Dinners with wine.
- An Expert Insight Tour Director, at the pinnacle of their career, will guide you on your journey. Serving as your travelling concierge, this skilled guide will act as a consummate organiser and be your ‘friend in a foreign land’.
- Enjoy the unique comfort of Insight’s luxury air-conditioned 40 seater coach with extended leg room and onboard restroom. It’s business class comfort.
- A personal radio headset gives you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert’s fascinating insights and commentary
- Baggage handling everywhere, with seamless and prompt delivery to your door at every hotel.
- Hotel and restaurant tips included – you’ll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency. Plus we include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels.
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi.
- Insight flourishes – from time to time, your Tour Director will enchant you with local tidbits, each representing authentic food or beverages unique to the destination.
- Included airport transfers at schedules times on arrival and departures dates.
Terms & Conditions:
- Prices are per person for twin share. Single supplement may apply.
- Flights are excluded.
- This offer is subject to availability and may be withdrawn or amended without notice.
- Book and pay in full by 26 January 2018