American Parks with Insight Vactions
American Parks Trails with Insight Vacations!
Come face-to-face with some monumental figures, relive sagas of the Wild West and relish the rustic Ranch at UCross on this legendary journey. Enjoy two-night stays in the wilderness of Yellowstone National Park and Custer State Park, as well as exciting sightseeing excursions. Comfortable touring links all the highlights of this comprehensive tour of the Wild West.
Date: 23 May 2018
Duration: 9 DAYS
Price Was: €3,325pps
Price Now From: €2,903pps
- Salt Lake City: Welcome to Salt Lake City, the capital and most populous city in Utah, where you’ll enjoy a Welcome Dinner with wine.
- Jackson & Grand Teton National Park: As you depart Salt Lake City, see the famous Temple Square and State Capitol Building before travelling north across the Oregon Trail to visit historic Jackson, where arches of elk antlers adorn the central square. Later, continue to Jackson Lake and the stunning peaks and glaciers of Grand Teton National Park.
- Yellowstone National Park: The Grand Tetons thrust skyward 6,562 feet from the valley floor. Stop to admire some of the incredible views at Jenny Lake. Then enter Yellowstone, established in 1872 as the world’s first National Park and known for its unique geothermal activity, spectacular landscapes and abundant wildlife. Walk among the geysers and watch them erupt. Spend time with your Tour Director for an informative stroll through Yellowstone’s Upper Geyser Basin. There is plenty of time to see the colourful bubbling mudpots and observe Old Faithful shooting water over 120 feet (37 metres) in the air. See free-roaming deer, elk and bison in their natural habitat. Then experience the roar of the Lower Yellowstone Falls as they thunder down the steep canyon walls.
- The Ucross Ranch: Depart Yellowstone National Park and travel through the stark Shoshone Canyon and Absaroka Rocky Mountains to reach the Wild West town of Cody. Visit the Buffalo Bill Center of the West, built in honour of one of America’s great Western legends. Head to Clearmont in Wyoming and after checking in to your hotel savour a ranch style Highlight Dinner with wine cooked by local ranch hosts.
- Devils Tower and Into the Black Hills: Start your morning with horseback riding with a rider guide, fishing or just relaxing in your beautiful surroundings. Then, head toward Devils Tower, an astounding geologic feature that protrudes out of the rolling prairie surrounding the Black Hills. This site is considered sacred to the Lakota and other Native American tribes that have a connection to the area. Then, travel to Spearfish Canyon, a great spot for wildlife enthusiasts where the breathtaking limestone palisades of this creek-carved gorge are more ancient than the Grand Canyon, albeit much closer together.
- Custer and the Wild, Wild West: Keep a lookout for pronghorn antelope as you cross the great high plains to the Black Hills of South Dakota. In Deadwood, join Kevin Costner’s Original Deadwood Tour and explore this once lawless town. With a Local Expert, hear about the days of Wild Bill Hickok and Calamity Jane, who made this town famous during the gold rush of the 1870s. Later, hear stories told by Lakota tribe members as they share a live narrative of the Great Sioux Nation. Continue on to Custer State Park, renowned for its beautiful landscape and abundant wildlife.
- The Mountain Monuments of the Black Hills & South Dakota: View the Crazy Horse Memorial, dedicated to all Native Americans. Move on to Mount Rushmore National Memorial, where carvings of Presidents Washington, Jefferson, Lincoln and Roosevelt dominate the Black Hills. The rest of the day is yours to spend at leisure, before a Celebration Dinner with wine. Then enjoy a good nights sleep before you say goodbye to the American Parks Trail.
- Epicurean dining: 8 Full Breakfasts and 5 Dinners with wine.; plus 1 Welcome Dinner, 1 Highlight Dinner with wine and 1 Celebration Dinner all with wine.
- An expert Insight Tour Director, at the pinnacle of their career, will guide you on your journey. Serving as your ‘travelling concierge’, this skilled guide will act as consummate organiser and be your ‘friend in a foreign land’.
- Enjoy the unique comfort of Insight’s luxury air-conditioned 40 seat coach with extended leg room and onboard restroom. It’s business class comfort.
- A personal radio headset gives you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert’s fascinating insights and commentaries.
- Baggage handling everywhere, with seamless and prompt delivery to your door at every hotel.
- Hotel and restaurant tips included – you’ll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency. Plus we include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels.
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi.
- Insight Flourishes – from time to time, your Tour Director will enchant you with local tidbits, each representing authentic food or beverages unique to the destination.
- Included airport transfers at scheduled times on arrival and departure days
Terms and Conditions
- Price shown is for twin share. Single supplements may apply.
- Flights are excluded.
- This offer is subject to availability and can be withdrawn or amended at any time without notice
- Book and pay in full by 30 November 2017