Treasures of the Balkans with Insight Vacations
Treasures of the Balkans with Insight Vacations!
This is where the sway of the Mediterranean meets Central Europe and blends with the exotic East. From the Danube to Dracula’s castle, there is history at every turn.
Date: 25 June 2018
Duration: 18 DAYS
Price Was: €3,695pps
Price Now From: €3,329pps
- Bucharest: Welcome to Bucharest! Take a tour with your Local Expert and see University Square, the former Communist Headquarters and Parliment Palace. Then it’s on to the Alpine resort of Sinia to visit Peles Castle and once you’re done marvelling we journey to Brasov!
- Transylvania: Discover the Castles, myths and legends! Explore Town Hall Square, step inside the Black Church and visit Bran Castle, said to be the inspiration for Bram Stoker’s Dracula!
- Veliko Tarnovo: Cross the Danube and continue to the City of Tsars! See the Monument of Assens and visit Tsarvets Fortress for the stunning views. If you can still feel your feet, head to the UNESCO World Heritage site of Arbanassi before crossing the Balkans mountains to Sofia!
- Sofia: Take some time to yourself as you explore Bulgaria’s modern-day capital because then we cross the border again! Onto the Macedonian capital of Skopje and the mountain-ringed Lake Ohrid.
- Tirana: Venture through the narrow streets of Ohrid’s Old Town with your Local Expert before you journey to Tirana, renowned for its friendly locals. Meet a resident expert who will give you an insiders look at the Albanian capital.
- Kotor & Dubrovnik: Travel through spectacular Montenegro to the Old Town of Kotor before continuing on to Dubrovnik, the pearl of the Adriatic. Enjoy the sunshine as you explore this paradise for the next two days!
- Mostar & Sarajevo: It’s goodbye to Dubrovnik! Join your Local Expert in Mostar to walk across the famous Stari Most, the Old Bridge and explore the cobbled Old Town. Continue to Sarajevo where you will be invited into a family home for dinner and drinks! If you’re not too stuffed, we’ll explore the War Tunnel Museum and see the Latin Bridge where Archduke Ferdinand was assassinated.
- Belgrade: Then it’s on to Belgrade. Take your time and relax, or explore this fantastic city on your own!
- Budapest: Pass Novi Dad on your way to Budapest. See the unusual water tower and wander down by the lake before you venture through Budapest, Queen of the Danube. Enjoy your final moments at Matthias Church, take in a view at Fisherman’s Bastion and take a stroll through Hero’s Square. Then it’s time to pack your bags and say goodbye: you are going home!
- Epicurean dining: 17 Buffet Breakfasts, and 10 Dinners with Wine all tea or coffee. Welcome Dinner, Celebration Dinner & Highlight Dinner.
- An expert Insight Tour Director, at the pinnacle of their career, will guide you on your journey. Serving as your ‘travelling concierge’, this skilled guide will act as consummate organiser and be your ‘friend in a foreign land’.
- Enjoy the unique comfort of Insight’s luxury air-conditioned 40 seat coach with extended leg room and onboard restroom. It’s business class comfort.
- A personal radio headset gives you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert’s fascinating insights and commentaries.
- Baggage handling everywhere, with seamless and prompt delivery to your door at every hotel.
- Hotel and restaurant tips included – you’ll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency. Plus we include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels.
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi.
- Insight Flourishes – from time to time, your Tour Director will enchant you with local tidbits, each representing authentic food or beverages unique to the destination.
- Included airport transfers at scheduled times on arrival and departure days
Terms and Conditions
- Price shown is for twin share. Single supplements may apply.
- Flights are excluded.
- This offer is subject to availability and can be withdrawn or amended at any time without notice
- Book and pay in full by 26 January 2018