Country Roads of Croatia
Experience traditional village life and immerse yourself in the pristine landscapes, national parks, idyllic islands and sun-dappled seas of Croatia.
Date: 25 May 2018
Duration: 14 DAYS
Price Was: €3,195pps
Price Now From €2,876pps
- Zagreb: Arrive in Zagreb, and join your Local Expert to explore this exquisite two-tiered capital of Croatia.
- Postojna Caves: Descend into a stunning subterranean world at the world-famous Postojna Caves. Marvel at the beautiful five-metre tall Brilliant, the caves most beautiful stalagmite and swim with the beautiful fish. Once you’re all dried off it’s onwards to Belle Epoque.
- Jewels of Istria: Travel to Pula and visit the well-preserved first-century arena at Pula, then, continue on to the charming old town of Rovinj, rising directly from the sea.
- Pristine Plitvice National Park: Onwards to one of Europe’s great natural wonders. Traverse the zig-zagging timber footbridges into the beauty of the Plitvice Lakes National Park. Visit Korana Canyon and see the mightly falls, enjoy panoramic vistas and sensational views of the lakes.
- Dalmatian Coast & Split: Travel through Mediterranean olive groves on your way to Trogir. Admire the beautiful cathedral and Renaissance Cipiko Palace before continuing to the historic port of Split. Explore the labyrinthine streets to see St. Duje#s and the temple of Jupiter and the Golden Gate!
- Hvar & Korcula: Island hop your way across the waters of the Adriatic. Enjoy two days in Havar, Croatia’s sunniest island, famed for its lofty mountains and the beautiful scent of lavender. Explore the hidden coves and secluded beaches before you follow in the footsteps of Marco Polo all the way to Korcula, known for its grace, rich history and culture.
- Dubrovnik: Journey to the pearl of the Adriatic, Dubrovnik. Cruise the tranquil waters of Mali Ston where you’ll shuck your own oysters and enjoy a glass of traditional Croatian brandy. Explore the Old Town, the Old Jewish Quarter and all that Dubrovnik has to offer, and if you’re still not tired after that, take an optional trip to Montenegro, before you say goodbye to the Country Roads of Dubrovnik.
- Epicurean dining: 13 Buffet Breakfasts,1 Afternoon Tea, 6 Dinners with Wine, all with tea or coffee; plus 1 Welcome Dinner and 1 Celebration Dinner.
- An expert Insight Tour Director, at the pinnacle of their career, will guide you on your journey. Serving as your ‘travelling concierge’, this skilled guide will act as consummate organiser and be your ‘friend in a foreign land’.
- Enjoy the unique comfort of Insight’s luxury air-conditioned 40 seat coach with extended leg room and on-board restroom. It’s business class comfort.
- A personal radio headset gives you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert’s fascinating insights and commentaries.
- Baggage handling everywhere, with seamless and prompt delivery to your door at every hotel.
- Hotel and restaurant tips included – you’ll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency. Plus we include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels.
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi.
- Insight Flourishes – from time to time, your Tour Director will enchant you with local tidbits, each representing authentic food or beverages unique to the destination.
- Included airport transfers at scheduled times on arrival and departure days
Terms and Conditions
- Price shown is for twin share. Single supplements may apply.
- Flights are excluded.
- This offer is subject to availability and can be withdrawn or amended at any time without notice
- Book by 26 January 2018