Amazing Spain & Portugal with Insight Vacations
Delve beneath the surface of these two amazing countries. Sample their signature dishes, share in their culture and marvel the legacy of their rich sea-faring history.
Date: 12 May 2018
Duration: 9 DAYS
Price Was: €1,895pps
Price Now From €1,706pps
- Madrid: Take your time in this beautiful city. Travel along the Gran Cia and through the Puerta del Sol, see the Royal Palace and the famous Cibeles Fountain. Travel alongside your local expert and explore the beautiful Old Town.
- Toldeo: Stroll through the cobbled streets and learn the fascinating history of this old capital. Then meet a master craftsperson in a Damascene workshop for a personal insight into this ancient craft, and finally see the El Greco’s famous painting, ‘The Burial of the Count of Orgaz’ in the Church of Santo before you journey onto Granada!
- Granada & Seville: Explore the incredible Alhambra Palace, a fantasy of arabesque gardens, fountains and stone cut like lace. Relax by the exotic water gardens of the Generalife, the royal summer residence before you embark on a scenic drive to Seville. Emerge by the huge walls of the fabulous Alcazar to see La Giralda. Enter the immense 15th-century cathedral, the final resting place of Christopher Columbus and see his tomb enriched with the spoils of the New World. Finally, experience a fiery evening of Spanish dance as you enjoy the rhythmic stop of Flamenco.
- Lisbon: Cross the border from Spain and into Portugal. Explore this beautiful city with your local expert. Visit Terreiro de Paco, enjoy a tasting of Pateis de Belem from a patisserie that has been using the same secret recipe for 200 years, and see the Unesco World Heritage site of Jeronimos Monastery.
- Fatima: Travel to Fatima, the most celebrated place of pilgrimage in Portugal and visit the famed basilica. Then return across the border and continue to Salamanca to see its golden buildings before you head to Avila. Walk within the ancient city that is still enclosed behind 11th-century walls before you return to Madrid.
- Epicurean dining: 8 Buffet Breakfasts, 4 Dinners with Wine, all with tea or coffee; plus 1 Welcome Dinner and 1 Celebration Dinner.
- An expert Insight Tour Director, at the pinnacle of their career, will guide you on your journey. Serving as your ‘travelling concierge’, this skilled guide will act as consummate organiser and be your ‘friend in a foreign land’.
- Enjoy the unique comfort of Insight’s luxury air-conditioned 40 seat coach with extended leg room and on-board restroom. It’s business class comfort.
- A personal radio headset gives you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert’s fascinating insights and commentaries.
- Baggage handling everywhere, with seamless and prompt delivery to your door at every hotel.
- Hotel and restaurant tips included – you’ll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency. Plus we include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels.
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi.
- Insight Flourishes – from time to time, your Tour Director will enchant you with local tidbits, each representing authentic food or beverages unique to the destination.
- Included airport transfers at scheduled times on arrival and departure days
Terms and Conditions
- Price shown is for twin share. Single supplements may apply.
- Flights are excluded.
- This offer is subject to availability and can be withdrawn or amended at any time without notice