Vienna, Budapest & Prague
Vienna, Budapest and Prague with Insight Vacations!
These three capitals, lush with magnificent cathedrals, imperial palaces and majestic castles, stand at the geographical heart of mainland Europe are ideal to visit during winter.
Date: 03 December 2017
Duration: 7 DAYS
- Vienna: Soak up the atmosphere of this Austrian capital, with its concerts, nativity displays and Christmas markets. Learn about the long reign of the Habsburgs as you tour Maria Theresa’s Schönbrunn Palace. Get your camera ready for a circuit of the famous ring road, view the Opera House and magnificent Hofburg Imperial Residenc, before enjoying a concert of traditional Viennese music.
- Budapest: Stroll from Buda to Pest. Admire the beautiful Matthias Church, and take in the views from the Fisherman’s Bastion. Visit the enchanting Heroes Square, see the Grand Parliament, a beauty in daylight and at night, and learn the secret art of strudel making!
- Bratislava: Journey across the Slovakian border and arrive in the fortified city with the four-towered Bratislava Castle looming over the city. Walk from the banks of the Danube to the old town’s historic squares and browse the market stalls. Continue through the wine-producing area of South Moravia to enter the forested countryside of Bohemia, dotted with peaceful lakes.
- Prague: Be entrances with tales of Bohemian Kings and Revolutions in this historic city. Explore the castle, and climb the steps of St Vitus’s Cathedral and admire the incredible views. Then descend to the Old Town Square, where the mechanised antics of the Astronomical Clock’s glockenspiel delight onlookers every hour, before taking a tour around the Christmas markets.
- Cesky Krumlov: Drive south through the forested Bohemian countryside to Český Krumlov, nestled amid loops of the Vltava River. Wander through the cobblestone, traffic-free streets, back lanes and arch-covered footpaths, past colourful houses that lead up to the finest castle in the land. In winter, it’s just like stepping into a Christmas card!
- Epicurean dining: 6 Buffet Breakfasts and 1 Afternoon Tea; plus 1 Welcome Dinner, 1 Three-course table d’hôte Dinner and 1 Celebration Dinner all with wine, plus tea or coffee.
- An expert Insight Tour Director, at the pinnacle of their career, will guide you on your journey. Serving as your ‘travelling concierge’, this skilled guide will act as consummate organiser and be your ‘friend in a foreign land’.
- Enjoy the unique comfort of Insight’s luxury air-conditioned 40 seat coach with extended leg room and on-board restroom. It’s business class comfort.
- A personal radio headset gives you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert’s fascinating insights and commentaries.
- Baggage handling everywhere, with seamless and prompt delivery to your door at every hotel.
- Hotel and restaurant tips included – you’ll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency. Plus we include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels.
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi.
- Insight Flourishes – from time to time, your Tour Director will enchant you with local tidbits, each representing authentic food or beverages unique to the destination.
- Included airport transfers at scheduled times on arrival and departure days
Terms and Conditions
- Price shown is for twin share. Single supplements may apply.
- Flights are excluded.
- This offer is subject to availability and can be withdrawn or amended at any time without notice.