Scenic Iceland & The Northern Lights with Insight Vacations
Scenic Iceland and the Northern Lights with Insight Vacations!
Autumn, winter and spring are all great seasons to experience Iceland’s world of natural phenomena; by day marvel at waterfalls, volcanoes and incredible landscapes and by night, seek out the dancing lights that fill cloudless skies.
Date: 12 November 2018
Duration: 7 DAYS
- Reykjavik: Search for the most spectacular show on earth – the Northern Lights. See the breath-taking night sky filled with an array of different colours. Afterwards take a tour of this old Viking town with a local expert at your side.
- Vik: Journey through the stunning landscapes of Iceland’s south coast. Witness the majesty of Seljalandsfoss and Skógafoss and after seeing the magnificent Hekla and Eyjafjallajökull volcanoes, arrive in the welcoming communtiy of Vík.
- The Golden Circle: Embark on a day of discovery around Iceland’s Golden Circle, taking in some of the famous landmarks this magical country has to offer, from the exploding hot springs at Geysir to the mighty Gullfoss Waterfalls. Next stop is Friðheimar where you’ll learn all about Icelandic horticulture.
- Thingvellier, Borgarnes and Husafell: Visit a geothermal bakery and sample hot rye bread dug from the ground just for you. Learn about Iceland’s rich history as you follow the trail of famous Vikings, poets and scholars before you journey on through glorious landscapes taking in views of the Hraunfossar and Barnafoss waterfalls and Deildartunguhver – Europe’s most powerful hot spring.
- The Blue Lagoon: Relax and enjoy your final day with a visit to Reykjavík’s Blue Lagoon. Surrounded by lava fields and snow-capped mountains, the Lagoon is a wonder of nature and offers a unique experience for both body and soul.
- Epicurean dining: 6 Buffet Breakfasts; plus 1 Welcome Dinner with wine, 1 three-course table d’hôte Dinner (DW) with tea and coffee
- An expert Insight Tour Director, at the pinnacle of their career, will guide you on your journey. Serving as your ‘travelling concierge’, this skilled guide will act as consummate organiser and be your ‘friend in a foreign land’.
- Enjoy the unique comfort of Insight’s luxury air-conditioned 40 seat coach with extended leg room and on-board restroom. It’s business class comfort.
- A personal radio headset gives you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert’s fascinating insights and commentaries.
- Baggage handling everywhere, with seamless and prompt delivery to your door at every hotel.
- Hotel and restaurant tips included – you’ll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency. Plus we include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels.
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi.
- Insight Flourishes – from time to time, your Tour Director will enchant you with local tidbits, each representing authentic food or beverages unique to the destination.
- Included airport transfers at scheduled times on arrival and departure days
Terms and Conditions
- Price shown is for twin share. Single supplements may apply.
- Flights are excluded.
- This offer is subject to availability and can be withdrawn or amended at any time without notice.