Insight Vacations Summer Sale Offer!
Experience local culture, visit top rated highlights and taste regional specialties on a variety of handcrafted journeys across Europe with Insight Vacations.
Until 31 July 2017, guests will save 10% on ALL Insight Vacations Europe journeys departing this August and September 2017 with our July Summer Sale offer.
Best of Germany
Date: 1 September 2017
Duration: 10 days – Visiting: Germany
WAS: 2,125 pps | NOW: €1,899 pps – Excluding flights
Be captivated by the old world charm of Rothenburg and Nuremberg, the mountain scenery of Bavaria and the amazing re-birth of Dresden to its former Baroque splendour.
- Neuschwanstein: Visit the archetypal fairytale castle that allegedly inspired Walt Disney’s castles. Walk through the magnificent halls, take in the lavish decoration and enjoy the spectacular views.
- Black Forest: Watch skilled artisans at work, learn the history and ancient techniques of clock making.
- Heidelberg: Climb up to the magnificent castle built in red sandstone, overlooking the Student Prince’s town. See the Great Wine Vats, Apothecary Museum and enjoy panoramic views of Heidelberg and the Neckar Valley.
- Rhine Valley: Cruise beneath the semi-ruined castles and terraced vineyards. Sleepy villages slip by as you saunter upstream to the Lorelei Rock where the enchantress lured sailors to their doom.
- Berlin: Drive along the Unter den Linden past the Humboldt University and Opera. See the Brandenburg Gate and Reichstag building
Date: 20 August 2017
Duration: 8 Days – Visiting: Switzerland
WAS: 2,325 pps | NOW: €2,089 pps – Excluding flights
Discover a land of contrasting scenery, people and languages, offering an eclectic mix of interests and wonders.
- Enjoy free time to explore Montreaux- travel to the foot of the Alps to the scenic Swiss town and enjoy the walks along Lake Geneva.
- Also travel along the route of the world-famous Glacier Express exploring dizzying viaducts, a glorious adventure in the scenic heart of the Swiss Alps which is only possible by rail.
- Meanwhile in Lake Geneva, with a local expert visit beautiful Chillon Castle, which is set on a rocky islet in the lake. These are views not to be missed.
- In Stanserhorn, take a spectacular journey by a funicular railway and open-top cable car to the summit of expansive mountain views.
Glories of Greece
Date: 26 August 2017
Duration: 7 days – Visiting: Greece
WAS: €1,679 | NOW: €1,499 pps – Excluding flights
This concise tour covers a multitude of noteworthy ancient sites, majestic monuments and mystical monasteries.
- Athens:Ascend the ‘Sacred Rock’, the Acropolis, to admire the Parthenon built in 5th century BC as well as the smaller Temple of Athena Nike and ‘Porch of the Maidens’.
- Mycenae:Walk through the Lion Gate past the royal ‘beehive’ tombs where Schliemann uncovered golden treasure, hearing tales of Agamemnon.
- Argolis:View beautiful works of art during your visit to a family-run pottery studio, which embraces traditional methods.
Epidaurus: Visit the Sanctuary of Asklepios. In the centre of the enclosure stood the temple dedicated to the god of medicine. Visit the museum, as well as the best preserved open-air theatre in the whole of Greece.
Olympia: Olympia was the original location of the Olympic Games, held every four years during a 1,000 year period as a celebration of the Hellenic spirit. Here lie the ruins of temples and treasures dedicated to Zeus, King of the Gods.
Warsaw and the Baltic States
Date: 17 September 2017
Duration: 8 days – Visiting: Poland, Lithuania, Latvia, Estonia
WAS: €1,450 | NOW: €1,299 pps – Excluding flights
Set out from Warsaw to explore the Baltic States, including the capitals Tallinn, Riga and Vilnius, and stylish, vibrant cafe societies with fascinating history.
- Sightseeing with a Local Expert from the Polish capital reveals just how well the city was restored after almost complete obliteration during World War II – largely due to the amazing detail in Canaletto’s paintings!
- Pass the ‘wedding cake’ Palace of Culture and stroll through Lazienki Park to the Chopin Memorial. Take some time to reflect at the Memorial of the Heroes of the Warsaw Ghetto.
- Pass lakeside Augustów and Suwalki on a scenic drive through Masuria, a region richly endowed with lakes and vast forests. Cross into Lithuania and continue to the capital city of Vilnius.
- Join a Local Expert for a leisurely walk through the Old Town. See the Jesuit University, the Gates of Dawn and the former Soviet KGB headquarters, a reminder of grim and relatively recent events.
- Head north to visit the unusual ‘Votive Hill of Crosses’ near Siauliai, the symbol of resistance against the Soviet occupation.
- Sightseeing of Riga’s Old Town with a Local Expert includes a visit to the Domkirk and shows you the city walls.
- See the House of the Three Brothers and the castle of the Livonian Knights.
Terms and Conditions:
- Prices are based on two guests sharing.
- For new bookings only.
- Use promo code IVSS1017 to redeem.
- 10% savings applies to Europe journeys departing between 01 August – 30 September 2017.
- A non-refundable deposit of up to €100 per person is due at time of booking (courtesy holds do not apply) with full payment by 31 July 2017 or 45 days before departure, whichever is soonest.
- Deposit Protection is not available for this deal.
- Offer is combinable with other brochure discounts and promotions (excluding Red Hot Deals).
- The offer is subject to availability and may be withdrawn at any time without notice.