Glories of Greece with Insight Vacations
This concise tour covers a multitude of noteworthy ancient sites, majestic monuments and mystical monasteries.
From: €1,599 per person sharing *Flights excluded
· Athens: Ascend the ‘Sacred Rock’, the Acropolis, to admire the Parthenon built in 5th century BC as well as the smaller Temple of Athena Nike and ‘Porch of the Maidens’.
· Mycenae: Walk through the Lion Gate past the royal ‘beehive’ tombs where Schliemann uncovered golden treasure, hearing tales of Agamemnon (hacked to death in his bath by his wife Klytemnestra!).
· Argolis: View beautiful works of art during your visit to a family-run pottery studio, which embraces traditional methods.
· Epidaurus: Visit the Sanctuary of Asklepios. In the centre of the enclosure stood the temple dedicated to the god of medicine. Visit the museum, as well as the best preserved open-air theatre in the whole of Greece.
· Olympia: Olympia was the original location of the Olympic Games, held every four years during a 1,000 year period as a celebration of the Hellenic spirit. Here lie the ruins of temples and treasures dedicated to Zeus, King of the Gods.
· 6 Breakfasts, 2 three-course table d’hôte Dinners or Buffet, plus tea or coffee; plus 1 Welcome Dinner , 1 Signature Evening, and 1 Celebration Dinner all with wine plus tea and coffee. Departures on tour for New Year’s Eve enjoy a festive Highlight Dinner.
· An expert Insight Tour Director, at the pinnacles of their careers, will smooth your way throughout your journey. They are your ‘travelling concierges’, expert guides, consummate organisers and friends in a foreign land.
· Enjoy the unique comfort of Insight’s luxury air-conditioned 40 seat coach with extended leg room and on-board restroom. It’s business class comfort.
· Personal radio headsets, gives you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights without missing any of your local expert’s fascinating insights and commentaries.
· Baggage handling everywhere, with seamless and prompt delivery to your door at every hotel. Hotel and restaurant tips included – you’ll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency. Plus we include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels.
· Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel WiFi.
· Insight Flourishes – from time to time, your Tour Director will enchant you with local tidbits, each representing authentic food or beverages unique to the destination.
· Airport transfers at scheduled times on the first and last day of your escorted journey.
Terms and Conditions:
· Price shown is for twin share. Single supplements may apply.
· Flights are excluded.
· Full payment may be required at the time of booking.
· This offer is subject to availability and can be withdrawn/amended at any time without notice.