Business Development Executive (1 Year FTC): (Groups Department, North America & Long Haul Markets, English speaking)
Headquartered in the heart of historic Dublin, the Abbey Group is one of Ireland’s longest established and best known Incoming Tours operators. The Group was founded in 1978 when Abbey Ireland was launched. Today, the group consists of Abbey Ireland & UK (Dublin, London & Edinburgh), Abbey Conference and Events (City Gate) and Moloney & Kelly (a niche high-end and incentive operator).
With over 140 permanent staff and with overseas representatives in ten key markets, the Abbey Group is recognised as the market leader within our sector.
The Group has four divisions specialising in specific types of inbound tourism
- Group Tours
- Individual & Online Travel
- Incentive & Luxury Leisure Travel
- Association Conferences & Events
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with both existing and potential new clients in the North American & long haul markets group department (English speaking Markets).
- Active hands on role in the Business Development function for Abbey Ireland & UK, for the North American & long haul markets. This will involve the preparation and costing of proposed client group and series programmes and dealing with the client to ensure their subsequent conversion to confirmed business.
- Full utilisation of the Tourplan system to generate all client quotations and subsequent follow up, also ensuring that the confirmed proposal is accurately reflected in Tourplan.
- Any agreed sales and marketing activities, either in Ireland or in the overseas market place. This could take the form of either desk based activities or direct agent/client interaction.
- Assistance with the supervision of any trainees assigned to the area.
- The position may also extend to cover support in any of the other Company departments as the need arises.
- Any other duties as assigned from time to time by your Manager or Director (this could be in another Department within the Abbey Group).
- You will report to the Manager – North America & Long Haul Markets Group Department
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS:
- 3rd level or relevant experience
- Very good knowledge of MS Office
- Fluency in English required (oral & written)
- Good knowledge of the Ireland & UK tourism industry products a distinct advantage
- Excellent organisational skills with good attention to detail
- Excellent customer care and communication skills
- Team player able to work in a busy environment
REPORTING TO: Manager, North America & Long Haul Markets Group Dept
SALARY: Negotiable depending on experience
LOCATION: City Gate, 22 Bridge Street Lower, Dublin 8
Apply with CV (MS Word format) to:
APB.ie/ Travel Recruitment