May Holidays with Uniworld and Insight Vacations
Danube Discovery with Uniworld Boutique River Cruise
Uniworld has curated a very special new river cruise/tour that provides a vast array of choices for experiencing this part of Germany, including an in-depth exploration of its fascinating Jewish heritage. We’ve created a comprehensive Jewish Heritage programme both onboard and onshore that delves deeply into the past and present, featuring Signature Lectures on the history of Jews in Europe and tailored excursions ranging from the archaeological traces of the Frankfurt ghetto and the Rothschild family to the new Jewish institution and synagogue in Munich.
Choices for other exceptional excursions are plentiful. Delve into “Mad” King Ludwig’s life at his picture-book Castle Neuschwanstein and be enchanted by the opulent UNESCO-designated Würzburg Residence. Discover the legendary Rhine, the tranquil Main and Bavaria’s epic history and culture.
Departure Date: 28 May 2017 – CAT 4 (free upgrade from CAT 5)
Duration: 10 Days
Cruise was: €3,469pps
Cruise now: €2,699pps *flights excluded
- 9-night cruise in a river view stateroom on the breath-taking River Ambassador
- Choice of fairytale Bavaria OR Hitler’s alpine lair OR Jewish Heritage visit to Dachau Concentration Camp
- Choice of Munich city tour with lunch at Hofbräuhaus, and BMW World OR Jewish Heritage visit to Jewish synagogue and museum
- Amble through one of the most beautiful squares in Germany, Marienplatz, home to the Old and New Town Halls. In the Art Quarter, you’ll find how the Munich lifestyle blends culture with life’s finer things, such as a visit to BMW World, followed by lunch at Hofbräuhaus.
- Nuremberg city tour and Bamberg walking discovery tour OR choice of Jewish Heritage Nuremberg WWII and Documentation Center visit OR exclusive guided “Go Active” bicycle ride along the Main and Regnitz
- Choice of the Romantic Road—medieval Rothenburg OR exclusive guided “Go Active” Tauberhase vineyard hike and barbecue
- The opulent Würzburg Residence, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, offers a true sense of the history of this region through the European Renaissance, containing the world’s largest ceiling fresco by Tiepolo.
- Choice of Marksburg Castle visit OR exclusive guided “Go Active” Marksburg Castle mountain hike
- Cologne walking discovery tour with choice of Cologne Cathedral OR Kölsch beer tasting OR Museum Ludwig OR Jewish Heritage, Cologne’s Jewish Quarter
- Those interested in history and architecture will want to stroll with a local expert through Old Town to the UNESCO-designated Gothic Cologne Cathedral.
Terms & Conditions:
- Prices are per person, twin share.
- Flights are excluded. Single supplements apply.
- This offer is subject to availability and can be withdrawn or amended at any time without notice.
Warsaw and The Baltic States
Set out from Warsaw to explore the Baltic States, including the capitals Tallinn, Riga and Vilnius, and stylish, vibrant cafe societies with fascinating history.
Date: 14 May 2017
Duration: 8 days Visiting: Poland, Lithuania, Latvia, Estonia
Now: €1379pps *Flights excluded
- Sightseeing with a Local Expert from the Polish capital reveals just how well the city was restored after almost complete obliteration during World War II – largely due to the amazing detail in Canaletto’s paintings!
- Pass the ‘wedding cake’ Palace of Culture and stroll through Lazienki Park to the Chopin Memorial. Take some time to reflect at the Memorial of the Heroes of the Warsaw Ghetto.
- Pass lakeside Augustów and Suwalki on a scenic drive through Masuria, a region richly endowed with lakes and vast forests. Cross into Lithuania and continue to the capital city of Vilnius.
- Join a Local Expert for a leisurely walk through the Old Town. See the Jesuit University, the Gates of Dawn and the former Soviet KGB headquarters, a reminder of grim and relatively recent events.
- Head north to visit the unusual ‘Votive Hill of Crosses’ near Siauliai, the symbol of resistance against the Soviet occupation.
- Sightseeing of Riga’s Old Town with a Local Expert includes a visit to the Domkirk and shows you the city walls.
- See the House of the Three Brothers and the castle of the Livonian Knights.
- Dining: 7 Buffet Breakfasts, 1 Welcome Dinner, 1 three-course table d’hôte Dinner and 1 Celebration Dinner both with wine, plus tea or coffee.
- An expert Insight Tour Director, at the pinnacle of their career, will guide you on your journey. Serving as your ‘travelling concierge’, this skilled guide will act as consummate organiser and be your ‘friend in a foreign land’.
- Enjoy the unique comfort of Insight’s luxury air-conditioned 40 seat coach with extended leg room and on-board restroom. It’s business class comfort.
- A personal radio headset gives you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert’s fascinating insights and commentaries.
Baggage handling everywhere, with seamless and prompt delivery to your door at every hotel.
- Hotel and restaurant tips included – you’ll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency. Plus we include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels.
Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi.
- Insight Flourishes – from time to time, your Tour Director will enchant you with local tidbits, each representing authentic food or beverages unique to the destination.
- Included airport transfers at scheduled times on arrival and departure days.
Terms and Conditions:
- Price shown is for twin share. Single supplements may apply.
- Flights are excluded.
- Full payment may be required at the time of booking.
- This offer is subject to availability and can be withdrawn/amended at any time without notice.
- Book and pay in full by 12th May 2017.