In-house Graphic Designer
Click&Go is multi award-winning online travel company based in Dublin city centre. We provide consumers with an easy to use platform to design their own holiday by matching flights with great value accommodation across Europe and Worldwide. We are also the official holiday provider for Aer Lingus under the brand Holidays with Aer Lingus.
The business has doubled in size from 2014 to 2016 and has achieved growth sales of 40 – 50 % every year since 2012. We have very ambitious growth plans and expect to see business double in size again from 2016 to 2018. We have a strong ethos of best practice and best service and aim to continue our high growth through investment in our technology infrastructure and by providing an exceptional user experience coupled with a competitive product offering.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Click&Go has recently undergone a re-brand in cooperation with the award-winning creative agency Guns or Knives, member of the Rothco Group. The successful candidate will adhere to brand guidelines while using creativity to generate new design assets and will be working closely with the Brand Manager to evolve and guardian brand guidelines. The successful candidate will be responsible for production of all company marketing material (online & print) and will work closely with the UX Designer and Front-End Web Developer. This role will report to the Advertising/PR & Partnership Specialist.
PRINT, OFFLINE & DIGITAL DESIGN
Production of marketing literature: including in paper mini brochures, in paper adverts, outdoor advertising, and any other printed advertising and material. Work closely with our Advertising/PR & Partnership Specialist to ensure an integrated approach off and online. A growing part of the role will be the requirement to produce collateral for online marketing and the digital team.
- Liaising with Brand Manager to ensure designs are on-brand, create new work in line with existing guidelines and develop new creative assets to evolve and develop brand guidelines and templates
- Conferring with Advertising/PR & Partnership Specialist and Brand Manager to determine their requirements
- Designing artwork from typesetting (taking a word document or verbal brief, designing in In Design etc.) through to design and final production
- Working with Advertising/PR & Partnership Specialist, Brand Manager and Marketing team briefings and advising them with regard to proposal style, format, production and timescales
- Developing concepts, graphics and layouts for print advertisements, mini-brochures and digital ads
- Determining size and arrangement of illustrative material and copy, and font style and size
- Preparing rough drafts of material based on agreed brief
- Reviewing final layouts and suggesting improvements if required
- Liaising with external printers on a regular basis to ensure deadlines are met and material is printed to the highest quality
- Sourcing on-brand imagery
- Managing ad schedule
- Adhering strictly to brand guidelines and tight print deadlines
- Developing branded collateral and non-marketing literature (e.g. Power Points, business cards, media packs, pop-up banners etc.)
- Creating online banners for display advertising and social media
Outside of design projects the In-house Graphic Designer will also work within the marketing department on assisting with general marketing tasks, as and when required.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- The successful candidate must have a 3rd level qualification in Graphic Design or related field
- 5+ years’ experience in a middle-size, dynamic, commercial environment
- Expert in the full Adobe Design Suite, Adobe Animate, After Effects, HTML 5
- Experience in creating HTML5 and animated banner
- Must provide a link to portfolio with application of relevant work which will be required to be presented prior to interview selection
- Must have a keen eye for detail, impeccable layout skills and the ability to adhere to brand guidelines and to maintain a consistent look and feel across all marketing material
- Have experience in designing print-ready material on both MAC and PC platforms using Illustrator, Photoshop, In-design, Microsoft packages etc.
- Be flexible, creative and willing to work as part of a team
- Be able to work under pressure, meet tight deadlines and work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Capability to multi-task
- Excellent organizational skills
- Accuracy & attention to details
- Confident / Self-starter
- Understanding of basic commercial principles
- Excellent communication skills
- An understanding of the latest trends and their role within a commercial environment
- Forward-thinking, accountable, positive, personable and customer-focused
- Highly motivated and passionate
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as on your own
- Ability to multitask
DESIRABLE BUT NOT ESSENTIAL
- Copywriting for both on/off line advertising
- Video editing
- Experience with creating infographs
- Experience designing creatives for social
- Experience designing email templates
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employees may perform other related duties as required by the ongoing needs of the business.
As the company grows and evolves, the above criteria may change. As a result we will endeavour to carry out performance reviews on an annual basis.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send an up to date CV and cover email to firstname.lastname@example.org. In your application you should clearly demonstrate how your skills and experience match the current requirements of Click&Go.