Stockholm & Copenhagen Tour
Departing 14 July 2017 € 1269 PP Sharing
Think of Sweden and Denmark and a host of unique images immediately spring to your mind. Quaint, historic capitals rich with the architectural legacies of the Hanseatic League; pristine streets, wide-open spaces, unmistakably Scandinavian modern design especially of furniture, lighting and exquisite glassware; a love of nature and respect for the environment; home of the Vikings, modern monarchies; a well-ordered social fabric; peace-loving and some of the most pleasant people you will ever meet. All this is true but there really is so much more.
Five nights, centrally located four-star accommodation with breakfast
- Sightseeing tour of Stockholm, one of Europe’s most delightful medieval cities
- Tour of Sweden’s Royal Palace with its magnificent lavish rooms crammed with sumptuous furnishings and state regalia
- High speed train from Stockholm to Copenhagen
- Sightseeing tour of Copenhagen centred on the charming Nyhavn Harbour, one of Europe’s most picturesque and authentic waterfronts.
- Visit to Roskilde, Denmark’s first capital now home to the world’s finest Viking museum featuring five superbly preserved 1,000 year old vessels, plus authentic reconstructions of Viking skills based on archeological research
- Visit to Roskilde Cathedral, final burial place of the Danish Royal family
- Visit to Fredericksborg Slot, the Nordic Versailles – a baroque masterpiece – once a royal palace, full of art, antiques, period furnishings, exquisitely decorated rooms and all surrounded by intricate formal gardens.
- Escorted by an experienced Tour Manager